WCCP V2

From: Scott Phalen <sphalen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:42:47 -0600

To Whom It May Concern:

I am very new to squid-cache.org as well as new to the squid world. I am
implementing 2 squid proxy servers at work and currently using wccpv1 to
route traffic to one squid box. I would like to use both to load balance
but the wccpv2 patches I tried to install didn't work.

My question to you is, will wccp v2 be incorporated in to squid 3.0? I am
fairly new to linux as well and when it comes to upgrading my kernel I am
unsure. These are Dell servers and thru their installation method they
modify the kernel themselves, but don't include the modified kernel source.
That is why I was unable to upgrade my kernel as recommended by visolve.com.

Anyway, thanks for letting me join and appreciate any input on wccp v2.

Have a great weekend!

Scott Phalen
Information Services
City of St Paul