Re: half-closed connections?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:33:44 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Is there actually a valid reason for squid to even support
> half-closed connections any more?

Personally I don't beleive in half-closed connections in HTTP, but some
people like to be able to do things like

(echo "GET http://www.squid-cache.org HTTP/1.0"; echo) | telnet
proxyserver 3128

> It just seems like an utter pain in the butt to support correctly..
> I'm trying to track down a bug in the FTP paths relating to
> incorrect half-closed handling..

In what sense does the FTP path care about half-closed? Any actions seen
by the FTP module should be independent on if half-closed connections is
allowed or not, only the sizes of various race windows should change.
Please elaborate.