Re: Sorry and need help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:44:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, xxxxxx xxxxxx wrote:

> Ive been trying for months to build squid with the TE or TE modules
> patch but I just cant seem to do it. I wanna know on what version of
> compiler (autoheader, autoconf, etc) was used when you were able to
> build such dev. At least It would help me, and end my months of tries.

This project is currently dormant and not actively maintained, waiting for
Squid-3.0 to stabilize before resumed. When Squid-3.0 have stabilised the
TE support will quite likely will be redone mostly from scratch based on
the ideas and experiences from the earlier failed attempts such as what is
found in the te and te_modules branches.

If you want to attempt building this old no longer maintained development
project then the highest chance of success is by using cvs to retrieve the
te_modules branch. Then run the bootstrap.sh script to set up
automake/autoconf files etc preparing the source tree for building. But
please note that this will give you a version which is of unknown quality
and not at all suitable for production use.