coss and squid3

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 02:39:36 -0700

Hi,

coss, as it stands in squid-3, is completely unusable.
It bombs out because some of the callback data types aren't
actually cbdata allocated anymore.

Now, this isn't _entirely_ a problem, I'm planning on eventually
replacing the COSS code with something else, but it'd be nice to
try and figure out what I need to do to make it happy.

I looked at how UFSFile works as a callback C++ class. I didn't
have much success:

Couldn't get registers: No such process.
(gdb) bt
Cannot fetch general-purpose registers for thread 1076543616: generic error
Cannot fetch general-purpose registers for thread 1076543616: generic error
(gdb)

.. bewm. No assert, no useful trace. I trampled over memory.
So, it can't be _that_ simple.

Adrian