Re: introducing myself

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:40:58 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Michal Matusiak wrote:

> In this semester, I participate in "Programming WWW" lecture and I have one task
> to accomplish: "add something to Squid".

You are most welcome!

> I'm going to do this with my school mate (he will introduce himself later, I hope).
>
> In last two weeks we were trying to uncover ETag functionality in Squid
> 2.5 (with patch) and squid 3. In our opinion ETags are not fully
> implemented. So, our task has become: "add full(?) ETags support in
> Squid 3".

ETag is not at all implemented in Squid-3 due to various stupid reasons,
and this is very much needed. Any help there is very much preciated.

But from what I can remember the ETag implementation in the Squid-2.5 ETag
patch is fairly complete. What in terms of ETag functionality have you
found missing in this patch?

The Squid-2.5 patch is known to have some noticeable issues in its design
of the ETag index etc, but I do not remember any shortcomings in ETag
functionality as such. But it was quite a while since I last worked on
this and I may well have forgot something important.