Re: Selectively closing connections. Let's make a patch!

From: Slivarez ! <slivarez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:51:39 +0400

> For other acl's we have to block the GET method too..
>
> acl ban1 dstdom_regex .google.com
> acl get method GET
> #http_access deny get ban1
> http_access allow all
>
> We can remove the access by
> acl ban1 dstdom_regex .google.com
> acl get method GET
> http_access deny get ban1
> http_access allow all
> squid -k reconfigure
>
> I hope your requirement is fully related to the acl setting ,methods and http_access setting at all.

:) I better explain situation on example.

Step#1. I have this in squid.conf:
 acl usver src 1.2.3.4
 http_access allow usver

Now "usver" can browse internet. Than "usver" configures his ICQ over http(s) via squid.

Step#2. I edit squid.conf:
 acl usver src 1.2.3.4 # - no changes here
# http_access allow usver
 http_access deny usver # - deny access for usver

Than i run "squid -k reconfigure" - now "usver" can't brose internet, BUT his ICQ is still working!!!
I can close ICQ connection for "usver" only by restarting squid (./squid -k shutdown; ./squid).
Squid restarting closes ALL connections for all users, but i need to close connections only for "usver".

That why i need to make pissible selectively close connections in squid.

So, is there any ideas? (I'm trying to understand mechanism of clientHttpConnectionsClose...)