Re: squid-2.5 to squid-3.0 porting

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:10:57 +0530

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
> > The problems with Bug #856 was also only trivial confligts due to
> > unrelated fragments from other patches. Resolved, but unfortunately I can
> > not reach squid-cache.org to commit the changes right now..
>
> Now committed.

Hai Henrick,

    Thanks for the appriciation to the work of patch porting.

> Now nearly all the patches you ported has been committed to 3.0.
> Only the following is left due to unresolved conflicts:
>
> Bug #849: DNS log error messages should report the failed query

I have gone through the patch(Bug #849) with other patches. I did not find the relatives to the others.
Bug #799 informations are rewritten on Bug #849. There is no relativeness with other
patches.

>The position of porting Squid-2.5 patches to Squid-3.0 is always there,
>but I assume you would like some more interesting tasks? Does any of hte
>projects at http://devel.squid-cache.org/ look appealing to you? Or do you
>have any other ideas you'd like to investigate?

I have gone through the site.I have seen these,
a) I hope ETag is written only for squid_2.5.Is there a support of ETag to squid-3.0
b) Is there a weightage for Squid Net I/O Performance Project.It is too developed on squid_2.5.
c) Is WCCP Version 2.0 Support available on squid-3.0.It is too in squid_2.5
d) IPv6

Is there a way to check the SSL enabled requests on Squid!
what is the SSLcertification and key transmission and all.How they are managed.

I don't know the effectiveness of above on the squid.It is good to have your guidance and suggestions
to go through in it and do some good works for Squid.

Regards,
Muthukumar.

---
===============  It is a "Virus Free Mail" ===============