Re: ETag support

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:40:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Mati wrote:

> 1. because we are working on ETags, it would be very useful for us to
> have our own access to CVS. what should we do to gain it?

See http://devel.squid-cache.org/howto.html and
http://devel.squid-cache.org/CVS.html. We are using the SourceForge
services for the public developer CVS trees and web space, together with a
set of scripts to make source version tracking considerably easier.

> 2. our whole project is continously being recorded on our site
> http://rainbow.mimuw.edu.pl/~ms189442/mmsquid we invite everyone
> interested to visit the site - any suggestions are welcome.

Regarding documentation.. Squid-3.0 is considerably more documented than
Squid-2.5 was as Robert kindly has spent a great deal of time on
documenting the new designs while refactoring and redesigning to C++. This
documentation is found in the (incomplete) programmers guide found in the
doc/Programming-Guide directory.

Yes, there is a lot of difference compared to Squid-2.5, and it is not
practical to document the difference. Instead we try to focus on
documenting the current code starting with the new or rewritten parts.

If there is any questions on the code, old or new or patched, please ask.
Will try to help explaining things.