Re: More IMS

From: Leeann BENT <lbent@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:29:16 -0700 (PDT)

* Re: New IMS Question:

> The object headers is not updated, but the date when we "got" this object
> should be (and expires, if set). This is then what is used in freshness
> calculations.

I'm not sure I understand. The new lifetime of the object should be:
((newdate - last-modified)*pct), assuming the last-modified heuristic is
used? Is this where the new date is used in the freshness calculations?
Does this mean that the object is fresh from now for the calculated ttl or
from when it first entered the cache for the caclculated ttl.

> Should not be the case.

It appears that this is what I'm seeing in the latest release. I'll check
a previous release to see if this is the case. Once an object is expired,
Squid3 is always emitting the IMS request, but I'm not sure why.

* Re: Previous IMS Question:

> What does the Squid logs say?

They show two calls to httpSendRequest. I've attached the log.

> Is this two requests initiated by Squid, or two requests initiated by the
> client?

There is no client. I'm telneting in and requesting the object this way:

% telnet localhost 3128
GET http://www.myserver.com/test.txt HTTP/1.1
<cr>
<cr>