Re: More IMS

From: Leeann BENT <lbent@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:56:40 -0700 (PDT)

> Maybe the call to storeTimestampsSet on the original object while
> processing the 304 has gone missing, or the mem objects reply structure is
> not properly updated before..

I'm not sure. It does appear that this is related to the
httpReplyValidatorsMatch, which fails for 304 objects (because they have
no 'Last-Modified' header), causing the original headers to be left
un-updated (client_side_reply.cc: 417 : storeTimestampsSet is only called
on a match). Lifetime is never updated on 304 responses. Would you like to
see a trace of this also?

Anyway, whatever is going on here, squid-2.5 does it correctly (as you
describe).

> Well. there is a client (you).. but this answers my question. There is
> only a single request initiated by the client.

Fair enough. There is no client *browser*.