X-Forwarded-for patch not working ?

From: Pieterjan Heyse <pieterjan.heyse@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:55:40 +0200

Hello,
I'm not subscribed to the list - please cc me when replying
I am tring to patch squid with the follow_xff patch from
http://squid.sourceforge.net/follow_xff/index.html

Following problems arise :
- When patching the 2.5 branch, I get errors that the file date/time
does not match, so I cannot patch.
- When patching the 3.0 branch, I get the same type of errors.

Is there a way to patch, without the date/times of the files being the
same ? I am quite new to this matter, so please advise me.

If this is not possible, are there alternatives ?
I want to log the header + use it to IDENT (IDENT auth with external
helper (mysql)). Now I get 127.0.0.1 as source, so Ident request goes
to 127.0.0.1. Maybe if I get squid patched, I can see the source IP
and the IDENT goes to source ip (forwarded for) and not localhost.

thanks in advance,

Pieterjan Heyse

Scheppersintituut Wetteren
Cooppallaan 128