Squid 2.5 STABLE5, My Own Header ("X-User-Name")

From: Silver Dragon <silverd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:25:45 +0200

I am interested to write the following for someone else:

Add a new http header: X-User-Name. I managed to do that using changes to
src/http.c and src/HttpHeader.c. That works also well as I tested it
for some time,
as long as my X-User-Name: somethingstatic. The next thing I tried is this,
short before I httpHeaderPutStr, I need to do stuff and have
somethingdynamic in my http header according to who authenticated on
by some authenticator. How can I access
the username from inside httpBuildRequestHeader() (src/http.c)?

Is there a better place to do this? How can I check that no
authentication is needed and I don't have a Username?

Is there a way to log/print debugging information without debug()?

Please CC to my mail address as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
Gürkan