Re: content-encoding: gzip, deflate

From: Jon Kay <jkay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:43:52 -0500

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Recently I noticed that Squid doesn't support gzip/deflate content
> encodings (yet?).
>
> I also found that there is a GPL proxy called Middleman that does
> support it (http://middle-man.sourceforge.net/).
>
> Perhaps it could help a bit in developing compression in Squid?

There is a squid3 patch to support it in development. Swell
Technologies
and another partner are working on this. Swell has hired me.

It's at a fairly advanced stage.

There's a page on the subect, and how you can get early access and
support the
project, here:

  http://swelltech.com/squidgzip/

Jon Kay pushcache.com - "push done right"
             Squid consulting / installation