Re: Date cached:

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:58:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Brian Akins wrote:

> The date header returned seems to be the date returned by the origin
> server when the request was filled. Squid continually serves this date
> in the Date header, even if it is several days later. I read the RFC,
> but was unclear whether this is correct.

Yes. This is a MUST for a proxy cache for as long as the Age header is in
effect, but Bug #7 is quite relevant here.. As we bump the Age header on
a successful revalidation we should have updated the Date, Expires etc
headers.. or at least so in my opinion.. (but the RFC is somewhat dim on
this... probably intentionally)

In accelerators the situation is more dim as the RFC does not apply to
accelerators, only your own definitions of what the accelerator should
do... It is perfectly fine (RFC wise) for an accelerator to substitute
it's own HTTP headers to any level desired.