Re: http://group-ldap-auth.sourceforge.net/

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:37:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, [iso-8859-1] Gürkan Sengün wrote:

> Is it not possible that you add HTTP headers X-User-Name and X-Group-Name
> with the information who and from which group authenticated successfully and
> is surfing the web?

Squid does not really know the group name, but the username can be added.
Just add code for doing so in httpBuildRequestHeader() in http.cc.

I suppose Squid could be told about someting like the group name via the
tag function of external acls and this then used in
httpBuildRequestHeader(). This is not really how the tags is intended to
be used however.

This is not done by default as most people consider this personal
information which should not be visible outside the proxy.

For reverse proxies the login information is available via the login=
cache_peer option.