RE: Header Manipulation.

From: איל לוי <elevy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:06:43 +0200

> I need some advice about squid headers. I use squid as web
> accelerator
> and I need to control the "Cache-Control" header I send to
> the users.
>
> Can you give some examples on what you need to do?

 On by backend I use high TTL, to reduce the traffic between the squids
 and the backend. But when I send the content to the user I need lower
 TTL (for my page count). I can't use the "header_replace" option
 because it set all the headers mandatory, And I need the flexibility.

>> I looked at the squid source code, to find where I need to change to
>> code. I have to questions:
>>
>> 1) What function do I need to change in order to do so.
>
> 2.5: clientBuildReply()
>
> 3.0: clientReplyContext::buildReplyHeader
>
>> 2) does anyone have done anything like this before?
>
> Not that I know of, but it depends on what kind of header
> manipulations you need to do.

 I would like to set the reply headers depend on the requesed url or
 location.