Re: Modification to caching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:35:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Chua Chee How wrote:

> Hi, I would like to modify the Squid code so as to add
> transcoding functionalities to it.

Interesting issue.

> My problem is I can't find the portion of the code
> that looks up the cache for the object before
> requesting it from the origin server.

I suppose the best approach within Squid would be to hook into the client
streams interface of Squid-3.0 much like how the ESI processing is done
there.

Or you could use ICAP to have the transcoding engine outside of the Squid
core. Unfortunately there is no ICAP implementation designed for Squid-3.0
yet.

> Does anyone know which portion of the code is
> responsible for looking up the object in the cache?

the storeGet* functions.

> Or which file the code is contained in?

store.cc