WCCP v2 implementation ... in Python - it's real!

From: Paul P Komkoff Jr <i@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 00:51:51 +0400

As part of my continuing wccp saga I wrote this piece of code.

I choose python as programming language because I tired doing malloc,
free, malloc, free, bcopy, bzero, ARGH.

At the 1st milestone this piece of code will be usable as standalone
daemon negotiating all needed wccp stuff while squid (and/or other
proxy) doing actual job.

You can track my progress at http://anna.sgu.ru/svn/wccpd/wccpd/trunk

This is subversion repository. At the time of writing (revision 16)
the thing is ugly, but usable. It already have the following features:
* Ability to join/maintain multiple service groups, for example, one
  for standard port 80 and another for group of non-standard
* Ability to survive in group with multiple caches - we trying to
  select designated cache and evenly distribute traffic across members
* Ability to survive in group with many routers - we trying to track
  routers manually added vs. routers learned from Router View
  Announcements.

Feel free to comment.

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff Jr // http://stingr.net/key <- my pgp key
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head