ICAP patch: NEED_OWN_STRCASESTR does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

From: Florian Effenberger <floeff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:30:41 +0200

Hello there,

and thanks for "letting me in". ;-)

I am no programmer, so sorry if the following question is easy to solve.
However, I tried my best and came to no result. I have been using the
ICAP patch for quite a while and it always worked flawlessly. However,
now that I wanted to go from .STABLE5 to .STABLE6 I had to use the new
patch.

This one doesn't seem to work. I use the normal tarball from
squid-cache.org with no external patches and have autoconf2.13 and
automake1.5 installed as requested. Double-checked it with autoconf
--version and automake --version.

I can bootstrap "normal" Squid 2.5 CVS versions just fine, so my build
environment seems to be okay. However, when I run bootstrap.sh with the
ICAP patched Squid 2.5, I always receive

lib/Makefile.am:18: NEED_OWN_STRCASESTR does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
automake failed
Autotool bootstrapping failed. You will need to investigate and correct
before you can develop on this source tree

So the culprit seems to be the NEED_OWN_STRCASESTR check. When I remove
the following lines from lib/Makefile.am, at least I can bootstrap. Did
not check ICAP though.

if NEED_OWN_STRCASESTR
STRCASESTRSOURCE=strcasestr.c
else
STRCASESTRSOURCE=
endif

Anyone knows how this can be fixed, how to put NEED_OWN_STRCASESTR into
AM_CONDITIONAL? I guess it's very simple, but for me as non programmer,
it isn't.

Thanks for your time!

Florian