Re: introducing myself

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:06:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Pubs wrote:

> My name is Nicolas, i'm not a high level programmer (only perl scripting
> ...). I would like to add an idea concerning CONTENT (not URL) filtering
> fashion in squid.

Hot topic, but much missing in Squid..

In my opinion the proper method to do content filtering in an HTTP proxy
is via the ICAP protocol. There is two different ICAP client
implementations for Squid-2.5 allowing it to relay content to an ICAP
server for filtering/alteration, but as of yet no attempts in implementing
an ICAP client for Squid-3.