Squid-2.5.STABLE7 testing

From: Mike Mitchell <Mike.Mitchell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:56:54 -0400

I've been running the squid-2.5.STABLE6-20040916 snapshot on 35 proxy servers for a week without any reported problems. The proxy servers are all Red Hat Linux ES 2.1, using aufs for the storage method. The four busiest servers have 32 GB of cache each, over 2 million objects cached, and handle about 70 requests per second during work hours. All four are equal peers, using cache digests and ICP. We use "ad-zapper" as a redirector and Trend's Viruswall as a cache parent. We use "ident" for logging purposes, but don't do any other authentication/authorization.

Mike Mitchell
SAS Institute Inc.
Mike.Mitchell@sas.com
(919) 531-6793