Re: client IP lookup - (Squid 2.5-Stable6)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:37:06 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Joe Coco wrote:

> I can't seem to find an entry in the structure clientHttpRequest for the
> clients source IP address (or authenticated username)?

The IP you have in request->client_addr.

Authentication is best explained by looking at the acl code.

clientHttpRequest is just a intermediate data type containing the local
state information needed for the client side parts of Squid to keep track
of the progress of the request, not the request or connection as such
(sits between the connection and the request)