squid-dev@squid-cache.org

From: Stefan Wiederoder <stefanwiederoder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:44:41 +0100

hello squid-developers,

we have an issue with client/server persistent connections - oneapplication is fine with
the current default (client/server on) and another is saying "zero sized reply". If we set
client/server to off - application two is fine. But we=B4re too chicken to risk trouble with the
other applications, therefore I´ve thought about enhancing Squid to make this possible.

my idea is to transform this
server_persistent_Fconnections { on | off }
client_persistent_Fconnections { on | off }

to something like this:

pconn pconn-name source destination client-persistent server-persistent
example:
pconn app1 any server.app1 on on
pconn app2 any server.app2 on off
pconn app3 any server.app3 off off
pconn any any any on on (to enable a default like today)

I´ve started to check out the source - but I´d first like to know if this
is a totally absurd idea which A) cannot be integrated into Squid or
B) has no chance to be included into main stream Squid?

please drop a comment, I´ll check the archive.

we can also think about sponsering this - any willing coders out there?

thanks
,
Stefan