Re: HTTP response splitting

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:30:10 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> The HTTP smuggling paper references another paper from the same group
> describing interesting ways of cache pollution. I am currently working on
> hardening Squid further from the described attack.

Patch now available in bug #1200.

One minor question which arised during this.. should we even attempt to
cache HTTP/0.9 style responses? (only body, no header or status line)

Today caching of such responses can be forced by a refresh pattern with a
min age >0, but I am not sure this is wise to allow to be cached as I
suspect this kind of replies quite likely happens in protocol screwups..