NTLM status on Squid 3.0

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 12:24:58 +0100

Hi,

During Stockholm code sprint we have planned a refactoring of the Squid 3.0
NTLM support with at least the following targets:

- Sync with NEGOTIATE support of 2.5
- Remove old challenge reuse code
- Add SPNEGO support

For this reason we don't have forward ported the bug #908.

Now, just for improve my knowledge on Squid code, I have tried to forward
port all 2.5 NTLM changes.
The work was more simpler than I was expecting, and now it should be done.
I like to test this work, but for now I cannot verify the changes because
of the Squid 3.0 authentication problems.

I don't know is someone have already started to work on the NTLM
refactoring, so my doubt is: if this forward port works, what I must do
with it ?

- Merge into HEAD ?
- Publish a patch file for reference ?
- ???

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/