Re: CVS help needed...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:32:31 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> One question.
> Assume that I want to merge the main branch s2_5 to icap-2_5 branch
> If I am right, I must execute the followings:
>
> cvsmergeinit s2_5

Not this one. cvsmergeinit is a special tool only used when refitting the
branch to another startingpoint, not for day to day maintenance.

> cvsmerge s2_5

This is what should be used.

If there is merge conflicts it drops you into a shell and asks you to
correct the conflicts.

If there is no conflicts, or when exiting from the shell prompt after
conflicts the changes is automatically committed to CVS.

Note: specifying the base tag is usually redundant. The script
automatically remembers the previous base tag specified.

> Make my changes and then execute:
> cvs commit

This is only when you make other changes. Not when updating a branch to
match it's head branch.