ESI

From: Michal Pietrusinski <Michal.Pietrusinski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:47:38 +0100

Hello,

Does ESI work in Squid 3.0? I have already been struggling with it for
several days and not managed to use it.

I'm trying to use squid-3.0-PRE3-20050228, and also tried some builds
from January 2005.

I tried to run it on RedHat Enterprise 3, and also on SuSe with JBoss.

After compiling squid - which was not a simple task, as there are
conflicts between expat and libxml2, squid does not cache anything but
stylesheets and images.

Pages are assembled fine (I use <esi:include> tag), but the content is
not cached - I can see it in the access log, and also by tracing tcp
activity.

My feeling is that maybe ESI used to work in some old releases, but now
it is rotten. Is there anybody using it successfully NOW???

Please help me,
Michal Pietrusinski

P.S Sorry for sending this email also to the squid-users list - I've
just noticed I should have sent it to squid-dev only.