Re: sf squid branch

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 02:43:39 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I'm thinking of some simple feedback from the client -> server saying
> "yup, I've copied a little more".

Ok. Along the same lines I outlined some day ago then.

> The http.c side stuff can then stop reading when it finds itself too far
> ahead, and resume reading when the clients have caught up.

Another approach is to get rid of the concept of "ahead" entirely in this
equation, and only have the server side read if there is clients looking
for more data.. This should fit rather nicely with edge driven event
notification systems and optimistic I/O operations (try first, wait for
event later).