A policy question

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:14:10 +0200

Hi all,
 Squid's icap client is not perfect but it was not always responsilbe
for all problems when works with icap servers. I am testing it with
drweb-icap server. All thinks looks good, except the keep-alive behaviour.
drweb-icap server responce with Conection:keep-alive but then imediatelly
closes the connection. This has as result a number of TIME_WAIT connections
and maybe some other problems.

OK, drweb-icap breaks the ICAP protocol here but if we have a
configuration parameter
(e.g icap_keepalive) which tells to squid's icap client to always
closes the connection
after a request we can overcome these problems with such servers.

Is this acceptable? Which is the policy of squid for analogous problems?

Thanks,
   Christos