Re: Major pending change in 2.5 for multi-gigabyte file support

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 04:38:10 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> As some of you may have know the support in Squid for handling multi-gigabyte
> files has long been non-existing at the best, both not at all being able to
> handle files above 1.9 GB, bad interactions with the cache (both on-disk and
> memory) in how largeish objects is processed and the inability to write large
> log files on 32-bit platforms.

> Unless someone objects I plan to incorporate these changes into Squid-2.5
> shortly (14 days or so).

Now committed to 2.5 as there was no objections, and I consider this a
major flaw of Squid.

Most devel branches should be relatively safe from these changes even if
this touched quite many files, and where cvsmerge does not figure it out
automatically for you it shouldn't be too hard to resolve manually
as most changes are relatively trivial in nature.

You may want to audit your own developments for the same class of
problems as adressed by this patch.