Re: FYI: new (?) warnings in 2.5S9 build (fwd)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:45:38 +0200 (CEST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:40:34 -0500
From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@insightbb.com>
To: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
Subject: Re: FYI: new (?) warnings in 2.5S9 build

On Thursday 31 March 2005 5:04 am, you wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Steve Snyder wrote:
>> I get the warnings below when building 2.5S9 + all patches (as of 30
>> Mar.). I mention this because I don't recall seeing them previously.
>
> Some are new (most from the 2GB patch), but not all I think.
>
> Have you perhaps upgraded your compiler? Or which version of Squid was
> it you previously used?

I stay current on the patches, so the only differences in code base were
the 4 2.5S9 patches I applied last night that were not present last week.

> Btw, which compiler are you using?

It's the Intel ICC compiler (Linux version). I've been using it with
Squid for years, and there hasn't been an update for a couple of months.

> Also, all are completely harmless. Just indicates that certain
> potential error conditions we test for can not occur.

I wasn't terribly concerned about them. After all, apparently those
conditionals *can't* evaluate wrong. I just mentioned it because of the
number of the same kind of warnings and the fact (I think) that I hadn't
seen them before.

> Regards
> Henrik

Thanks for the response.