Re: helper's handles

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:51:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

> But what in case if there is no activity on the helper?

There is activity on the helper when Squid asks it to shut down by closing
the write fd squid->helper.

> If we have N redirectors, then there is the chances than some of them
> will never called , isn't it ?

Not relevant if the helper has ever been called. The write channel is
closed in helperShutdown() as you already discovered. This triggers the
helper to close the helper side of the read channel (by exiting) when
seein EOF on it's input, which causes helperHandleRead() to close Squid
side of the read channel.