Re: Introduction

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:41:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:

> I don't wrote that your solution is wrong, or that C++ classes are bad. I
> wrote that your solution is slower.

I doubt it actually is.

And in addition one of the general design goals of Squid-3 is to get
things object oriented. Macros is lagely the opposite.

On my todo there is an item to get rid of the fd_table entirely, turning
"file descriptor" into a class allowing native I/O implementations.

Even on UNIX there is subtle differences beetween the different classes of
I/O handles, even more so as time passes and new interesting I/O or event
mechanisms gets available.

The fd_table is a at large remaint from the original harwst cached select
loop, and not the perfect design.