Re: NTLM and Negotiate Auth cleanup

From: Kinkie <kinkie-dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 10:34:35 +0200

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 23:11, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2005, Kinkie wrote:
>
> >> It's on the agenda to C++ cbdata and unify it with reference counting, but
> >> I am not entirely sure how this is best done.
> >
> > An approach like samba's talloc could be interesting.
>
> Maybe. But would require quite a bit of restructuring. Also not entirely
> sure how to best fit this within the C++ framework of things, or how to
> best implement something similar to cbdata..
>
> talloc (refcounting and hierarchy) + cbdata (invalidation) would be a
> quite excellent combination.

I believe that c++ framework could be very similar to the current
refcount implementation, the only drawback I see is maybe for using a
few extra context bytes per (talloc'ed) object (but I'm not going to
start working that right away :)
BTW: I heard that Robert got an interest in talloc, and played with it a
bit.

        Kinkie