Re: [squid-users] generated messages

From: kdv <kdv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:25:14 +0300

kdv wrote:

> On 14.06.2005 20:12 Emilio Casbas wrote:
>
>> Aaron P. Martinez wrote:

>>> JUST so everyone knows, i'm not trying to change the machine name to
>>> something different than the "gethostname" function, i read that
>>> part in
>>> the FAQ, and i read that by default the signature is added to the
>>> end of
>>> every error page. I guess a better question is how to redefine %s so
>>> that it doesn't say "squid/'version'". We don't want our users to know
>>> there is a proxy in place.
>>>

>> Edit the errorpage.c file, look the string
>> "Generated %T by %h (%s)\n"
>> and change it as you want, after you have to recompile squid.
>>
>> Emilio C.
>>

> I think, changing errorpage.c is a hack which can't be done by anybody
> and not always comfortable. Can developers create a tag in squid.conf
> like this:
> errpages_add_sig on/off - to add or not the signature?

I don't know c++ at all but I created this patch fo 2.5stable10
(included as diff file) it seems to be working :).
It implements some more anonimity not for user but for cache server (one
can disable showing squid's signature).
It's not ready yet (I learned squid's code in one night :) ), I just
want to know if this patch will be applied to squid?
Or my work is not needed?