Time to merge squid3-ipv6 into HEAD ?

From: Rafael Martinez Torres <rafael.martinez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:40:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi:

On http://www.ngn.euro6ix.org/IPv6/squid3/ cache.log squid.conf

  you will
find the
results on experiments with squid3-ipv6 branch, run at 23 July on a IPv6 environment...

The tests was configured with options

--enable-ipv6 --enable-icmp

The most important thing is that if IPv4's compilation mode is kept,
unless user indicates it by typing "enable-ipv6".

I have tested the IPv4 version and it also works... SO, the change has
been clean...

However, we have to work to implement side protocols like SNMP and
others... Renaming or changing locations for some macros initially on
config.h , changing into squid.h.... But the code is now functional...

I think it's a good opportunity to merge now. Then, my merge
wtih HEAd will became simpler.

You know, IPv6 is not an extension, but an integer rewriting .... Could
any one authorized to merge into HEAD, taking care of the update conflicts
?

By the way, those who want to run IPv6 and are not provided with, they can
try http://tunnelbroker.net to make a transparent tunnel from IPv4 to
IPv6.... You will need at least one IPv4 public address...