Introduction

From: Kevin Myer <kevin_myer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:27:41 -0400

Hello,

We're using squid (and related web-proxy programs) to provide caching and
content filtering in a K-12 education environment. We retired some Volera
proxies on June 30, 2005 and replaced a costly content-filter with our own
Squid-based solution.

My interest in squid is in seeing the WCCPv2 support become integrated into a
mainstream release. I am currently using the patch developed by Mark Foster's
crew and linked below:

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200412/0023.html

While that patch was coded for L2 redirects, it works just fine with GRE tunnels
as well, if you make one change to it. We are currently using this patch in
production - the fact that it implements load balancing is a big plus, over the
visolve patch, which we had used in testing. Looking to find out what I can do
to help to test this (I'm not much of a coder per se) and ultimately get it
into a stable releas.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer