Dijjerizer redirector for squid

From: daniele <dada_dna@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:25:11 +0200

Hi!

I don't know if that is the right place.
Anyway, I wrote a simple redirect_program for Squid to redirect
dijjerizable urls to a dijjer server.
Maybe someone is interested: you can find the description and the code
here:

-> http://dijjer.org/wiki/SquiDJ

Dijjer is a distributed p2p web cache. If you want to insert/get a file
to/from the dijer network, you usually have to start a dijjer instance,
then direct your browser to
http://127.0.0.1:9115/http://www.domain.com/path/to/file
The dijjer server running on localhost will get the file from the
distributed p2p cache.

If you have a LAN with many computers, it is difficult to install dijjer
on every one, and most important, only a tiny part of the traffic will
go to dijjer.

To increment the use of dijjer without having to maintain too copies of
it and without the need to explain users anything, you can set up Squid
so it will automatically redirect part of the traffic to a single dijjer
instance on the same server squid runs.
Then you will have to set the proxy option on client machine, if it
isn't already set.

That makes debug and optimization very easy, increment dijjer use across
your LAN, and maximize the bandwidth use (download speed will be less
influenced by external servers upload bandwidth).