LRU frequency

From: Lucas Brasilino <brasilino@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:56:21 -0400

Hi!

I looking around LRU informations to get into the code.
I read a doc, I really don't remember where, that
says LRU replacement policy runs every second.
Is that correct ? So do heap LFUDA and GDSF ?

If so, why LRU threshold is about days (1 to
10 days as said here[1]) and not minutes or
hours ? Ok.. should be some overhead... but
I've experienced some very busy caches that
quits due a full cache directory... in other
words.. without efficiently swap out objects...

[1] http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ.html#toc12.25

bests regards

--
[]'s