extacclog patch (fwd)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:40:37 +0200 (CEST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:58:17 +0400
From: Alexader Didenko <>
To: info@squid-cache.org
Cc: slivarez@...
Subject: extacclog patch

Hello,

about year ago (may be less) Michal Matusiak wrote extacclog patch for
squid-2.5.STABLE5. I've made some changes and updated it to work with
squid-2.5.STABLE10. This patch adds 'accloggran' TAG into squid.conf
(only if configured with --enable-extacclog option). This TAG makes
squid write info into access.log when next 'accloggran' (Kbytes)
achieved while downloading files larger then 'accloggran'. Also it
adds new field in access.log line - port number on the client side in
the end of line (in original patch from Michal this info were aded
after IP field - like IP:PORT, but it break some log analysers). It's
really very usefull for billing systems based on squid, because using
patched squid we can monitor huge files downloads.
I was wondering if it's possible to implement this patch permanently
in next squid release. It does not affect much in squid code and also
it's optional ( --enable-extacclog). If not then could this patch get
something like official status?
Thank you for your time. I'm waiting for your answer :-)

Regards,
Slivarez.