I'd like to contribute to Squid

From: Munteanu Eduard Gabriel <maxdamage@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:32:48 +0000

Hello, my name is Eduard Munteanu, from Romania.

I feel like Squid lacks something: it can't make it's connections
originate from different IP addresses. It would be nice if Squid could
do something like cached IP Forwarding of HTTP requests. If you like the
idea, I'm willing to contribute some code, since I have clues about
where to start working. Maybe you can give me some tips.

Squid should be able to bind the outgoing interface's secondary IP
addresses to it's sockets, thus mapping these addresses to LAN clients
(either in a SNAT-like or plain IP Forward-like manner). Right now,
Squid is not suitable if you have multiple public IPs, since you're not
using them.

Best regards.