Re: Squid 2.5 new mail_program feature proposal

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:31:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:

> A "mail_program" configuration option in squid.conf that allows to specify
> the program that squid will be use to send fatal reports by mail.

Ok. No problem with that.

> I have attached the proposed patch.
>
> I have used an eol type instead of a string type, this allow to specify not
> only the program name, but command line options too.

Ok.

Isn't "wordlist" a more appropriate type, giving you the line already
split into words? This is what is used for other program specifications
accepting arguments.

> For example, on Windows I have used something like:
> mail_program c:/squid/libexec/mailsend.exe -smtp smtp.tld.com -d tld.com -f
> squid@tld.com -sub "Squid failure" -t

Hmm.. we do have a config entry for the email address today. Perhaps we
should expand the string with errorBuildContent or similar to allow this
and other interesting % codes to be used in the string.