RE: About SQUID and SNMP TRAPS , and snmp in general

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:27:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Lombao, Cesar wrote:

> Hi all
> My first tries to activate TRAPS were unsuccesful, is difficult to me to
> handle C++

Sorry to hear this.

> The point behind my interest to get TRAPS into SQUID is because I have
> to monitor SQUID, so TRAPS is my first option
> If this is not available, in the meantime I can check the logfiles of
> Squid, but I face there is no a document where is listed all posible
> errors with its meanings

The source is the documentation on this. It's a bit to many and changing
to have a separate document on this.

   find . -name '*.cc' -o -name '*.h' | xargs grep -C3 "debugs?([0-9 ]*,[ 01]*[,)]"

this is just the non-debug messages. In addition to this there is a huge
amount of debug messages available (not logged by default).

Some of the most commonly asked ones is explained in the FAQ.