Academic project

From: <behoalheit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:01:03 +0200

Hi

I'm a Honours student at the University of Pretoria (South Africa) and I am
currently engaged in research regarding the performance of a PET called
Flocks. This is based on Crowds, and uses a probability based forwarding
mechanism. Requests get forwarded to either the end server, or another proxy
in a cluster of proxies based on random chance. I have looked at the Squid
code (2.5-stable10), but I fear I'm not very good at making my way through C
code... I was hoping that someone on this list could maybe point me to the
optimal place to insert the forwarding code, or might have suggestions on how
to use the existing mechanism within Squid with some modification.

Thank you
B. Alheit