Re: weak pointers, cbdata, refcounting

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:10:35 +1000

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 18:50 -0400, Nick Lewycky wrote:
> This would remove RefCount<> first, then hopefully CBDATA in the future.
> The nice thing about using Boost is that if the library is added to C++
> in the (admittedly distant) future, our API would not need to change,
> and our copy of the Boost implementation could be kept around for older
> compilers.

When we started the C++ migration there was significant fear that heavy
use of templates such as the STL or boost would lead to too steep a
curve for the non C++ coders as well as non trivial compatability issues
(for example with forte).

I'm completely in support of tasteful use of boost and STL features
though.

Rob