Re: Squid-2.5.STABLE11-RC2 (Release Candidate 2) available

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:34:49 +0800

> In the long term we hope to get rid of the dependency on the built-time
> limit, only relying on the ulimit when Squid is started. There still
> remains a bit of work for this however (delay pools and a few other items
> depends on the build time limit).

IIRC, you could replace the statically defined arrays based on MAXFD with
a start-up initialised array based on whatever you detect ulimit to be.
I can't imagine that'd be an intrusive patch and I can't remember anything
that would clash with this when I was working on it.

Yo'ud just have to replace the SQUID_MAXFD define with a variable or inline
function thats assigned once early in main() then allocate the arrays
for the squidfd struct and the delay pool stuff. It might be a good idea
to finally rip out any use of fdset outside of the select() code.

Hm!

Yeah. src/delaypools.c still uses fdsets. Replacing delay_no_delay with a
char array would fix that. I had a patch to do that but I don't remember
why I didn't commit it, or why it wasn't thought of as a good idea.

adrian