Re: Re: Blocking Yahoo Messege in SQUID

From: sharat_ <sharat_@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:36:46 +0530

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for responding to the mail.

Yahoo Messegenger works on YMSG Protcol which is wrapped under HTTP. When anyone sends an IM, at comm.c:comm_write(), I am able to filter out "FROM" and "TO" field of the messege, from there I connect to MySql and check whether IM is allowed between "FROM" and "TO", if not then I have to block it, but since I am not able to block, so I redirect it to another yahoo id by replacing the "TO" field.

You were pointing to some higher level of design, can you suggest me the right place to hook to get the "FROM" and "TO" field and at same time can modify the content length or block the entire packet.

Regards
Sharat

"Henrik Nordstrom"<hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, sharat_ wrote:

> What I am trying to achieve is the control over yahoo messanger, in the
> way that one can IM only to those people who are on the allow list.

Allow list where?

> I was unable to block the message, but I am able to redirect the msg to
> a another yahoo id. If the content length remains same after buffer
> modification then it works fine. But as soon the buffer length changes,
> the yahoo messenger signs off.
>
> I am doing all this in comm.c:comm_write()

Too low level. You need to look higher up in the design.

Can you roll back a little and describe at HTTP protocol level what it is
you want to do?

Is this request or response data?

Is it a HTTP request, or data within a CONNECT request?

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

 Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now!