SPNEGO seems to work on Windows !!!

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:29:25 +0200

Hi Henrik,

After a long fight with SSP Windows function calls, finally I have a
working SPNEGO authenticator on Windows, and Kerberos authentication is used.

This is the test environment:
Client:
Windows 2000 Professional running Mozilla 1.5 beta 2
Server:
Windows 2000 Professional running Squid 2.5 with negotiate patch and
a native negotiate helper
Both machines are member of a Windows 2003 domain.

But I discovered something strange:

Using Kerberos, only the blob provided from the client (should be the
Service Token) is needed, so the communication between Squid and the
helper must be only YR ==> AF.

I have found the same behaviour using Microsoft ISA Server 2004.
As a check, I can find in the Security log of the proxy server the
Kerberos logon events associated to the Squid usage.

Really I don't know if this happens only while running natively on Windows.
I will try to do some test using Samba 4 ntlm_auth.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/