Re: SPNEGO seems to work on Windows !!!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 01:01:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:

> Yes, I get a blob and it's returned to the browser.
> The strange thing is that ISA Server doesn't return anything .... :-(
> So I don't know if it's really used from the browser.

More interestingly, why is the SPNEGO returning such blob if it's
apparently not needed?

Or maybe it's just Microsoft who again got things wrong and causes extra
burden on the KDC due to not returning this in ISA.. but I'm a little
clueless on how Kerberos tokens works so I really should not speculate
here.. It is entirely possible this blob is only required for the client
to authenticate the server (which I doubt MSIE cares about doing,
especially considering the request has already been sent making it
somewhat pointless to verify..).