Re: Tidying up the deferred reads

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:51:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Hm, not if you checked every time the client side had written some data to the
> client - if at this point the bucket has filled up a little then you
> immediately delete the timed event and reschedule IO.

This would probably lead to heavy unfairness between the clients of the
pool I think..

> I'll have more of a think about it after I've completed removing the
> current commDefer stuff and its been tested. What do i have to do to get more
> people to test - re-implement kqueue/epoll? :P

Probably.

For me looking into deferred reads is not much of a point without also
looking into handling very many fds reasonably efficient. Even the most
efficient poll set management implementation quickly spirals out of hand
when the number of fds grows..